Welcome!

In this blog, I will share my expericences as a missionary, along with spiritual thoughts, scriptures, and other fun Gospel messages. Enjoy!

Friday, March 18, 2011

The Madness of March

The month of March is always a very exciting time for me. The weather starts to warm back up again. The trees start to bloom. Everything starts waking back up after a long winter sleep. My favorite thing about March is the craziness of the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament. I love filling out my bracket on who's going to win it all and then plop down and soak in two weeks worth of intense action. I have many wonderful memories associated with the tournament. This year however, and also the next, I will not be watching a single minute of it. Why? I'm a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The things I'm doing as a missionary right now are so much more important than watching the upsets, Cinderella stories, and the usual " What?!?! Did that really just happen??? My bracket is ruined!!!" that comes with the tournament. Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those that really want peace in their lives means so much more. I love being a missionary! The tournament will still be there when my missionary experience is over. I'll have plenty of time to enjoy the "Big Dance" another year. However, I won't get back the chance I have right now to serve God's children here in Tennessee. I am so grateful for the Gospel!    

No comments:

Post a Comment