Welcome!

In this blog, I will share my expericences as a missionary, along with spiritual thoughts, scriptures, and other fun Gospel messages. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Rock!

"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." (Book of Mormon, Helaman 5:12)
This is one of my favorite all-time scriptures. It's a constant reminder to me of who I can turn to in hard times. Trials and temptations will come into our lives. This is part of God's plan. The scriptures teach us that there "MUST needs be, that there is an opposition in all things"(Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 2:11 emphasis added) That doesn't mean that bad things might happen or that there's a chance that they might happen, but it's inevitable that they come. Without the bad things in life, we can't truly appreciate the good, for we wouldn't know the difference. When the bad times do come, who can we turn to? Our Savior, Jesus Christ. He is the Rock! He will never leave us and if we put our trust in Him, the devil can not overpower us. I'm so grateful for my Savior! My purpose as a missionary is to invite all to have faith in Him, repent, be baptized, receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the very end. I love being a missionary. It's such a blessing. I love this Gospel, for it truly makes us happy. It's the best and I want all of God's children to have all the blessings He wants to give them.

No comments:

Post a Comment