Welcome!

In this blog, I will share my expericences as a missionary, along with spiritual thoughts, scriptures, and other fun Gospel messages. Enjoy!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Can I really be happy?


In the world around us, happiness seems to be hard to find these days. Turn on the evening news and stories of murder, violence, rape, and other horrible things always come on first. In these times, a lot people tend to choose to be miserable and unhappy. There's one word I want to emphasize in that last sentence: CHOOSE. I have several friends back home that always told me that happiness is a choice, and it took so long for that message to sink in. In reality, we cannot control what happens to us, but we can control our reactions to it. Though times are hard, and evil is all around, let us use our God given agency and choose to be happy. Enjoy this video by Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

No comments:

Post a Comment