Welcome!

In this blog, I will share my expericences as a missionary, along with spiritual thoughts, scriptures, and other fun Gospel messages. Enjoy!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Forgiveness

Ah, what a topic forgiveness is. It seems sometimes like forgiveness is the last thing that we want to do when somebody has wronged us, yet, as with everything else in our lives, we can turn to the Savior for a perfect example. He taught that: "...I the Lord, forgive sins unto those who confess their sins before me and ask forgiveness, who have not sinned unto death. My disciples, in days of old, sought occasion against one another and forgave not one another in their hearts; and for this evil they were afflicted and sorely chastened. Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin. I, the Lord,will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men." (Doctrine and Covenants 64:7-10) What powerful words from our Savior! If we don't forgive, then the greater sin remains with us. Yes, we as human beings have weaknesses and sometimes we offend, yet when offence comes, look to the Savior who said in his final hours: "...Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do..." (Luke 23:34)

Here is a very very touching video about a man who lost his family in a car accident involving a drunk driver. Every time I see this, I see true Christ-like love as this man forgives completely the young man who completely changed his life.

I testify that as we forgive, our burdens truly will be made light. Happiness will come, and so will hope and healing, as we forgive our brothers and sisters of their trespasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment