Welcome!

In this blog, I will share my expericences as a missionary, along with spiritual thoughts, scriptures, and other fun Gospel messages. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

When I am Baptized


As I have been out here on my mission, I have grown fond of some of the music that I sang as a kid growing up in the Children's Songbook. One of these songs is called "When I am Baptized." The lyrics go like this:

"I like to look for rainbows
whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty
of an earth made clean again.

I want my life to be as clean
as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can
and live with God again.

I know when I am baptized
my wrongs are washed away,
and I can be forgiven
and improve myself each day.

I want my life to be as clean
as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can
and live with God again."
(Children's Songbook #103)

Baptism is an essential ordinance if we want to enter into the Kingdom of God. Jesus said: "...Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." (John 3:5) http://lds.org/scriptures/nt/john/3?lang=eng To give us an example to follow, Jesus Christ Himself was baptized. The prophet Nephi said: "And now, if the Lamb of God, he being holy, should have need to be baptized by water, to fulfil all righteousness, O then, how much more need have we, being unholy, to be baptized, yea, even by water! And now, I would ask of you, my beloved brethren, wherein the Lamb of God did fulfil all righteousness in being baptized by water? Know ye not that he was holy? But notwithstanding he being holy, he showeth unto the children of men that, according to the flesh he humbleth himself before the Father, and witnesseth unto the Father that he would be obedient unto him in keeping his commandments." (2 Nephi 31: 5-7) http://lds.org/scriptures/bofm/2-ne/31?lang=eng 

God loves us. He sent His son to live a perfect life. He set the perfect example for us. He suffered for us. He died for us. All that He did, He did for us out of perfect, sincere love for each and every one of us. I testify that when we are baptized, our sins are washed away and our lives will be as clean as earth, right after rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment