Welcome!

In this blog, I will share my expericences as a missionary, along with spiritual thoughts, scriptures, and other fun Gospel messages. Enjoy!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Good will prevail

One of my favorite things to do is get a group of my closest friends, get a bunch of food, and watch movies. I've always loved watching movies. I remember the good old days of Lion King, Aladdin, Snow White, The Swan Princess(I grew up with 3 sisters...cut a guy some slack), and a lot of the other classic children's movies. A general theme in these movies that I've mentioned and in a lot of children's movies is that the evil characters(Scar, Jafar, The Queen, etc) at one point or another seem to have won, yet the good somehow find a way to pull out the victory. The Savior said: "But if it be not built upon my gospel, and is built upon the works of men, or upon the works of the devil, verily I say unto you they have joy in their works for a season, and by and by the end cometh, and they are hewn down and cast into the fire, from whence there is no return."

It gets kinda hard when it seems like there's no reason to hope. Yet, there is reason to hope. We know that  
through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, all that is unfair about life will be made up. We will all live again. Our sins can be forgiven. All this and more is possible, because the Only Begotten Son of God atoned for us, in the most supreme act of love in the entire history of the earth. It is because of the Atonement that good will prevail over evil. As we put our faith in Jesus Christ, repent, be baptized by somebody who holds His Priesthood authority, receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost by that same authority, and endure to the end, Satan cannot and will not win. The Savior is constantly extending His arms to us with the invitation to follow Him.

How grateful I am for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I've done plenty of dumb stuff in my life, but thanks to our Savior, we can be forgiven. He promises: "Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more." I know that He lives. I have not seen Him, nor do I think I will ever see Him while in my mortal life, yet I don't have to. The Holy Ghost has told me that He lives. I know that He loves us. If He didn't love us, He wouldn't have performed the Atonement, and if He didn't perform the Atonement, good would have eventually been overcome by the influences of the evil one. I end with a line from a Christmas Hymn:"Then pealed the bells more loud and deep: God is not dead, nor doth he sleep; The wrong shall fail, the right prevail, With peace on earth, good will to men.”

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your testimony Elder Sowards. I have the perfect quote by Elder Holland about this topic that I want to share. "The future of this world has long been determined; the final outcome between good and evil is already known. There is absolutely no question as to who wins because the victory has already been posted on the scoreboard. The only really strange thing in all this is that we are still down here on the field trying to decide which team's jersey we want to wear!" -Jeffrey R. Holland.

    ReplyDelete