Welcome!

In this blog, I will share my expericences as a missionary, along with spiritual thoughts, scriptures, and other fun Gospel messages. Enjoy!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

"If...if is good." Or is it?

 As I was thinking about what to post today, I had a sudden spark of inspiration relating to this scripture found in the Doctrine and Covenants. "Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled. What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." (Doctrine and Covenants 1:37-38) It really got me thinking about how God's promises really are all fulfilled. It may take time and patience, but in the end, they really are all fulfilled. Then I thought about the world and how the world might think about this subject. As I pondered this, this little video clip from the Disney movie Hercules came into my head. Towards the end of the clip, Pain and Panic (the little minion guys who are the only voices you can hear in this clip) expresses what I feel the world's view is towards whether or not God's promises are fulfilled.


If...if can sometimes be a frightening word. If expresses uncertainty or sometimes even fear. From my experiences as a missionary, I can really see how people really aren't sure about whether God's promises will be fulfilled, or even if there is a God at all. Yet, I know, from personal experience that there is a God in heaven who loves us more than we could possibly know. To show us His love, he makes promises, or covenants, with us and because He is our Father, He cannot lie to us. I know that God's promises will be fulfilled that have been spoken by Him personally, or by His servants the prophets. If you don't know, take it up with Him. He'll tell you if you're sincere enough when you ask Him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment