Welcome!

In this blog, I will share my expericences as a missionary, along with spiritual thoughts, scriptures, and other fun Gospel messages. Enjoy!

Monday, June 6, 2011

It's not over til the fat lady sings.




One of the coolest things in basketball is that the game really isn't over until the final buzzer sounds. You have to play hard until the game really is over. I've posted a couple of videos that demonstrate phenomenal comebacks in just a short period of time.

This reminds me of a lot of people that feel that they cannot be forgiven of the sins that they have committed. The Savior said: "For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent; But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I; Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink—Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men." (Doctrine and Covenants 19:16-19) The Savior suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for ALL of us. He did this out of complete selflessness, taking upon Him the pains of sin so we would not have to. The Savior also invites us to "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

The thing about repentance is that there will be a time when we will not be able to repent. Just like the basketball game, there's always time for a comeback until the actual buzzer sounds, then there's nothing that can be done. The prophet Amulek explained it this way: "And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed." (Alma 34:33) I exhort you not to wait until this time comes! Repentance is possible! The Savior Jesus Christ made it so by His ultimate suffering and death. Take advantage of this priceless gift of the Atonement. The Lord has promised that if we repent:"...I, the Lord, remember [our sins] no more." I know that these things are true. I bear my witness that God loves us, and wants us to return to Him. The way we do this is through repentance. I testify of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment