Welcome!

In this blog, I will share my expericences as a missionary, along with spiritual thoughts, scriptures, and other fun Gospel messages. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

BYU Basketball and Missionary Work

Those who know me well know that I'm a HUGE sports fan. I follow the NBA, College Basketball, College Football, Major League Baseball, etc. etc. etc. Sports are a huge part of my life. As for my favorite team, I'm a very passionate, loyal, die-hard BYU fan. The Cougars are my team. One unique thing about BYU sports is that a good number of the athletes that play at BYU are a little bit older than you'd find at most colleges throughout the country. This is due to some who choose to forgo playing their various sports for a couple of years to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This video is the story of such an athlete named Tyler Haws. I have had the opportunity to watch him play in person and on TV. He's an amazing basketball player, yet when the time came for him to serve, he did not hesitate. Now that I'm on a mission and see the things that I "give up" while serving the Lord, I admire people like Tyler who put their athletic career on hold to serve the Lord. Enjoy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment