Welcome!

In this blog, I will share my expericences as a missionary, along with spiritual thoughts, scriptures, and other fun Gospel messages. Enjoy!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Life's not fair!

I heard a statement a while ago that made me laugh and also caused a bit of pondering. It went like this: "If life was fair, horses would ride half of the time." At first, I laughed at the visual image of a human giving a horse a ride, but then I thought about how many times we truly think that life isn't fair. Take me playing the game of golf for example. I've been playing golf for quite a few years and I improved a lot from where I was when I started but I'm still nothing to be proud about. Then I see stuff like this:


How come some people get all the luck???
We all know life isn't fair. That's just a fact of life. Some are rich, while others are poor. Some are healthy, while others are really sick. Some are happy, while others can't find reasons to get out of bed in the morning. What really counts is what we do when it seems like all we have is bad luck. We don't hear the horses complaining about their turn for a ride, so why should we complain? The truth is we have so much to be grateful for. Something that I like to do when I feel like I have all the bad luck in the world is to count my blessings, which is the name of one of my favorite hymns. Now this video is a little silly, but try to pay attention to the words of the song...


My advice to you: Yes, life isn't fair, but when life gets you down, count your blessings and thank Heavenly Father for the things that you do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment