Welcome!

In this blog, I will share my expericences as a missionary, along with spiritual thoughts, scriptures, and other fun Gospel messages. Enjoy!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

General Conference Experience

I love General Conference!!! The session this morning was amazing. There were some really inspiring talks given. I really want to live my life better and be more like our Savior Jesus Christ. Interesting things happened during the afternoon session. So, we were ready to receive some powerful spiritual learning when all of a sudden the screen freezes and blacks out. We weren't really worried about anything because technical difficulties happen all the time. Sure enough, it came back on within a few minutes. However, about halfway through the next talk, it froze and shut off again. We again just left it and it came back on again in a few minutes. This happened during every talk of this afternoon session which means we didn't really get to hear much. It's disappointing, but there's obviously something the Lord wanted us to learn from this experience. What I learned really from this experience is how you look at things during difficulties. While my companions and myself were certainly upset for having Conference delayed countless times, I remember thinking that the talks will be online in a couple of days so if I don't get to watch the whole thing, I'll get a chance to when they're put on the Internet. It's not the end of the world. I remember that sometimes I would get really upset and angry over just little things like this, but as I try to look at things optimistically, it really makes a huge difference. You're not flustered. You're not angry. You're just calm and you just face the challenges. You're also have to be very patient(which means we get two marshmallows :) ) and just have faith that things will work out. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the chance today to hear from modern day Apostles and our beloved Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. I can't wait until the Priesthood Session( the session only for men) this evening. It'll be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment