Welcome!

In this blog, I will share my expericences as a missionary, along with spiritual thoughts, scriptures, and other fun Gospel messages. Enjoy!

Monday, April 18, 2011

You keep shooting.

In basketball, I play as either the point guard or the shooting guard, mostly the shooting guard because I'm terrible at dribbling and decent at shooting. There are days however when my shot is off...way off...and I struggle during a game. During one such game, I was over on the sideline and my coach, noticing that I was frustrated, came over to me and said, "Hey, you got this. Don't worry about it. Don't think about it. You keep shooting." I didn't understand why my coach was telling me this. I had already taken a bunch of shots and missed most of them, but knowing that my coach had confidence in me and my abilities lightened my mood and increased my motivation. Did it work? Did I make a shot? Well...


Ok...so it wasn't a game winner in an NBA game...but I did make a shot, in fact I made 3 3 pointers in a row. How does this relate to the Gospel of Jesus Christ? There will be days when we feel that we're not shooting well. There are going to be days when we just can't seem to buy a basket, but we MUST keep shooting. So how do we shoot? We keep reading our scriptures. We keep saying our prayers. We keep going to church. We keep the commandments of God. If we keep shooting, eventually one of them is going to go in. I know that as we do these things, we'll become closer to our Heavenly Father and an All-Star in His eyes.    

No comments:

Post a Comment