Welcome!

In this blog, I will share my expericences as a missionary, along with spiritual thoughts, scriptures, and other fun Gospel messages. Enjoy!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Vision


I remember in my elementary school, middle school, and high school years when people would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up. In elementary school, I had no idea. I thought I would never live to get old enough to have a job and have to provide for myself. In middle school, I wanted to be a teacher of either music or physical education. Some of the most influential people that I knew at this point in my life were my choir and PE teacher. I thought that if I could affect another person's life as a teacher the way these teachers have affected me, my life would be a success. Things didn't change much in high school and at this moment I'm considering sports broadcasting or a music teacher. I'm not sure still exactly what I want to do with my life but at least I have a vision of what I want to accomplish. This principle of vision also applies a lot with missionary work. I don't know if I would be where I am today if I didn't have a vision of going on a mission when I was younger. I knew that's where I'm supposed to be, and now that I'm here, I'm not regretting it one little bit. In the book of Proverbs, it states that "Where there is no vision, the people perish..." We must have a vision of what we want to accomplish in life or else there's no desire to do anything. For example, honestly if I didn't have a vision of what I wanted to accomplish on my mission and my desire to share the Gospel with people, it would be really hard for me to get out of the apartment and go to work. I know that as we obtain a vision of what we want to accomplish with the short time the Lord has given us on this earth, and then do everything to accomplish them, the Lord will bless us and help us with the righteous desires of our hearts. I'm so grateful for everything that the Lord has blessed me with, and for the opportunity to be a missionary serving the Master Jesus Christ. There's nothing better I could be doing with my time than accomplishing my vision of serving a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment